Robert is a Non-Contentious and Contentious Private Client Solicitor.
He is a senior member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and has qualified in 2019 as a Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP). Robert has over 35 years as a qualified solicitor and some 20 years at a partnership level. He is an experienced public speaker, networker, active member of the (BNI) Business Network International.
Robert’s Non-Contentious Work comprises:
- Will drafting including basic wills, asset protection trusts and discretionary trusts.
- Lasting Powers of Attorney, Health and Welfare and Financial decisions, Advance decisions and Living wills.
- Estate Administration, Testate and Intestate estates, applications for Probate and Letters of Administration.
- Court of Protection applications and applying to appoint a Deputy.
- Trusts drafting and administration.
- Elderly Client advice, Capacity Issues, Care Home Contracts, Care fees, NHS Continuing Healthcare
- Residential Conveyancing often involving properties forming part of Estates.
Robert’s Contentious work involves:
- Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 claims.
- Beneficial Interest and Proprietary Estoppel Claims.
- Claims involving Estates and Probate disputes as to beneficial interests and entitlements.
- Claims involving Trusts.
- Interpretation and rectification of wills.
- Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Chancery practice and procedure.
- Pre-action applications and procedures.
Robert is commercially aware and prides himself on going all out to promote his clients’ best interests. His contentious experience has seen him involved in reported cases and matters involving the Court of Appeal and at the level of the Supreme Court.